Nice to meet you!
I'm Omar Bohsali. I'm an engineer and investor, and this is my personal website.
Why would someone make a clock with four hands?
What we still might need to figure out so we can pass the Turing Test.
What I learned about engineering recruiting in 2018.
Fun with shorthand method signatures in Ruby.
A powerful construct to parse class Meta blocks.
Here's a small pandoc extension to convert Markdown to Slack formatting.
Difficult problems can be easy to solve if you catch them early enough.
I'm joining Coinbase as part of the Earn.com acquisition.
A quick shortcut to make a new post in Jekyll.
An interesting use case of a blockchain can be used in a business.
Work & Investing
Joined Coinbase as part of the Earn.com acquisition.
Retail platform & automated investing strategies.
Advisor & first investor in Clearbit.
Advisor & investor in dv01.
Advisor to HVMN.
Content marketing software company with epic blog. YC W12.
- Elon: Lightweight Python async job queue backed by Redis.
- Mutations: Python package to validate & execute business logic in web apps.
- Bookshelf: What's on my bookshelf & tablet.
- Quotes: Some quotes I like.
- Sudo: Your world by text.
- Waldo: A dynamic HTTP proxy server.
- Jarvis: Created, ran, and later sold a personal assistant-by-text company.
- Tweetable: Mobile-friendly way to post content to Twitter.
- django-cprofile-middleware: Thin Django profiling middleware.
- FratMusic.com: Music streaming website I built with some friends in undergrad.