About me: Perpetually curious. I love making things, learning, and going on long runs. Trying to end the day smarter than I was when it started.
Work & Investing
- LendingHome: Retail platform & automated investing strategies.
- Clearbit: Advisor & first investor in Clearbit.
- dv01: Advisor to dv01.
- HVMN: Advisor to HVMN.
- Jarvis: Created, ran, and later sold a personal assistant-by-text company.
- Priceonomics: Content marketing software company with epic blog. YC W12.
- FratMusic: Grew to 3MM uniques/month; shut down by record industry.
Thoughts on Anonymous Publishing
We need a way for authors to share work without huge reputational risk.
SAT Solving the NY Times Crossword
Fun with SAT Solvers, SQL, and the NY Times Crossword.
Mutations: A Python Package for Business Logic
Introducing a Python Package for handling business logic in web apps.
Recurse Center Return Statement
Reflecting on my time at the Recurse Center.
Sixteen Books & Papers
Assorted books / papers I've enjoyed reading over the past weeks.
We counter existential dread with optimistic nihilism.
- More →
Projects & Research
- Elon: Lightweight Python async job queue backed by Redis.
- Mutations: Python package to validate & execute business logic in web apps.
- Bookshelf: What's on my bookshelf / tablet.
- Quotes: Some quotes I find interesting.
- Sudo: Your world by text.
- Waldo: A dynamic HTTP proxy server.
- Tweetable: Mobile-friendly way to post content to Twitter.
- django-cprofile-middleware: Thin Django profiling middleware.
- Fast Rope Descent System: HS science fair project, now US Patent 8,167,086.
- Google's Toughest Search Is for a Business Model
- Common Probability Distributions
- dv01 Closes $5.5M Series A
- Map of Mathematics
- dv01 and SoFi Partnership
- Kahlil Gibran - On Work
- Microsoft Data Amp Stories: dv01
- LendingHome’s Investor Platform Reaches $100MM Invested
- dv01 and Experian Partnership